Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Bael (Babbling Ghost #1)




She buries the dead under a tree of learning/ blood red and simple/ the second angel’s sound/ waiting for the touch/ the touch of distraction/ it swoops down from the opening/ swallowing you up in minutes/ we gaze upon the body/ torn asunder/ bleeding among the rocks/broken like your promises/ the dust caresses my soul/ against the tide/ picked up within/ crouching down with evil stance/ watching this dying thing/ a very spiritual strange/

she hears the devil talking/ even as we speak in the shadows and whispers/ she never tells/ her story is this place/ it took me so long to find out/ to discover the roots and branches/ the truth behind your story/ to watch it flower and open up/ a wild child running in the streets/ running against the blue/ the hell and high water/your boundaries uncertain/ running back and forth/ howling in rapture/

the walls come crashing down/ a small puff of smoke/ you want to be free/ you try using the square pegs/ the square pegs belong to me/ I have the bill of sale/ see here is your signature written in your own blood/ I paid you 400 dollars/ and now you want to buy the horse/ I remind you that the pale horse brings only death/ you say you don’t care/ the pale horse is what you want/ you cry and pout/ stamp your feet in the dust/ demanding that your rights be recognized/ you say it is cruel of me to deny you this right/ you spew molten hot air/ this all seems too real/ too real to hang on/

shackled to the stone/ wrought iron desire/ holding back/ trying to separate the torn and fallen/ half broken and forgotten/ the other disgust/ they wait for a passion that never comes/ never knocks on your door/ you believe in the lonely people/ the dregs who follow after/ you read the papers looking for a sign/ a black cat to tell you the future/ we have seen this before/ it happens over and over like a repeating cycle/ the piston pumping up and down forcing the air out/ I’m forcing you out/ out into the world/ in the land of machines/ that rust and sputter against the landscape of man/

life cruel and unfair/ I can’t find/ nowhere/ nowhere I look/ it hides from me/ the secret I can’t unravel/ it is locked and without a key/ face down in the mud/ I don’t know the words/ I can’t believe/ can’t make the clouds pass over/ I hold back and never reveal/ what I know/ what I discovered/ I take down to the grave/ to the abyss/ I make my home in darkness/ suffering is my friend/ the soul that follows me along/ sitting on the porch/ sitting on the stone/ watching the waves come in/ there are seagulls flying around/ the salty air of despair/ the crimes of a fool/ lost in a world of strangers/


© Deep Piercing Cut 2009

Bael was previously published in Calliope Nerve http://calliopenerve.blogspot.com/


My book Babbling Ghosts can be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment