Sunday, November 13, 2011

Henry Miller Ate the Universe

Henry Miller Ate the Universe

Unhinge the universe
Release it from the madness
Through love or hate
Moving them along
Like cattle for the slaughter
Making the whole thing up as we go
It started out as bullshit
Then it became more
Something that was beyond me
The search for meaning haunted me
Just outside my reach
The thin grain of ugliness
Set apart and sacred
A thing that we could not touch
Although we wanted to touch so very much
But, I would touch it
Becoming like god
When I touched you
Not destined to belong
But to be a fire that destroyed
As the spirit moved inside me
The dragon lives inside of me
I would change the atmosphere
Vibrations would spill out of me
Circling me with forces
Waves pouring out
My flesh vibrating
Pulsating with the universe
As the soul slowly dies
Releasing its radiation
I had to learn how to live
Producing the monster
That will outlive me
It will outlive America
Outlive the earth herself
The monster will travel in a spaceship
Off to far away worlds
And it will destroy worlds
That I could never imagine
Worlds with life and beauty
Infinite worlds
Until nothing exists
Just cold dead lifeless rocks
Because the spirit moved me to create you
My monster
My beautiful monster
This woman with her instant fears
Irrational thoughts
Instinctive worries
With the boldness of an impresario
The things that she would fuss about
Her wonderful sensibilities
These things I could not reproduce
They came from someplace else
The creature hidden beneath the woman
She plays with it with both of her hands
Stroking it
Petting it
It is an animal, her pet
Furnished by her personal experience
She encompasses a romantic vision
A philosophy of the animal
Between her legs
It puts thoughts together
And quotes Nietzsche
She has surrendered the morality of the weak
She is superwoman
The destruction of all voices
She quiets her little animal
The negative where her identity slips away

No comments:

Post a Comment